History of Muskoka Beechgrove Public School – formerly known as S.S. No. 16 Muskoka.
In September 1948 the Muskoka Township School Board held school in the log building at Doherty’s Airport, which was known as Little Norway, the training centre for young Norweigan pilots during World War II.
In April of 1949 Muskoka Beechgrove P.S. was built. It was a framed 3 room structure. Beechgrove School was the last school in its area to have a coal-burning furnace. It was replaced in the mid 1970’s when additional classrooms were added to the school.