Parent guide to SchoolMessenger: Setting your preferences
Click here to download a printable version of this post: Setting Your Preferences on School Messenger 2021
Have you recently been receiving a lot of messages from the school or school board? Using the SchoolMessenger app or website, parents can determine how they would like to receive messages via any combination of:
- Phone (home, cell or both)
- SchoolMessenger app/website
For each of the following message types:
- Commercial (school yearbook, lunches)
- General (message from principal and school board)
- Important or urgent non-school hours information
- Secure documents (report cards)
- Important or urgent school hours information
- Teacher Messaging
Follow the steps below to create an account and set your preferences:
- Download the SchoolMessenger app, or visit go.schoolmessenger.ca.
- Create an account (preferably using the email address you have on file with your child’s school).
- Once you are logged in, go to Preferences on the lefthand menu and turn on/off phone, text, or email for each message type.
Good to know:
- The phone number registered at your child’s school will be used for any School Hours Emergency and/or Non-School Hours Emergency communications.
- All messages will be delivered to your account in the SchoolMessenger app/website. If you wish to receive messages on the app only, you can turn off phone, text, and email options for all message types.
If you have any questions please call 1-800-920-3897, or email [email protected]